The name implies Local Purchase Order Finance (LPO Finance), a short-term facility needed for execution of purchase orders or supplies etc. An LPO is issued in the business name/trading name of the member or non member. However we will prefer to deal with conglomerate or blue chip companies that would have been in business for not less than five years and also has a track record of meeting financial obligations.
In addition the applicant and LPO issuer must agree to domicile all payments in favor of the cooperative.
- Providing property purchase and construction opportunities for self use.
- Providing a 10 to 25year micro-mortgage scheme for members.
- Providing real estate and other investment opportunities for collective gain.
- Providing investment (real estate inclusive), entrepreneurial and other life enhancing training to members at our monthly meetings.
- Always providing well-researched and negotiated clusters of landed properties which members can buy; and also assisting in developing into mini-estates while providing other services as may be required, e.g. access to mortgage facilities below the market rate building materials, etc.
- Providing opportunities for members to borrow for growth in their business
operations through our well-structured and professionally managed thrift in association with participating Micro-Finance Banks. 20% of our fund at any time is made available for our thrift operation.
- Investing our collective monthly contributions regularly and distributing
30% of surplus (gain or profit) annually as dividend on a prorated basis.